Monday, June 4, 2012

Feeling Funny

I have to quote the late 70's genius of Steve Martin again (and it probably won't be the last time.)

"You know, a lot of people come to me and they say Steve, how can you be so f*****' funny?  There's a secret to it, it's no big deal, I'll be honest with you - before I come out, I put a slice of baloney in each one of my shoes.   So, when I'm on stage, I feel funny."

This is where I've been for a few weeks now - feeling funny - but laughs are hard to come-by.
There has been no dramatic shift but I feel off.  I've had occasional pounding in my head similar to my symptoms pre-diagnosis when I had no clue what was going on.  This morning, I woke to distortions in my vision - zebra stripes, rainbows in my peripheral vision.  It passed in about 15 to 20 minutes.  I've had brief episodes when my legs felt as if they had been shot with novocaine - rubbery and barely able to hold me upright.  Again, it passes in a minute or two. All in all, nothing definitive but enough to make me feel as if something is not right.
I'll get some insight in ten days when I go in for my next MRI and see my neuro-oncologist.  In the meantime, I'm trying to ride it out, keep an even keel, and continue with the daily practices that I know have been helping to keep me well.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Chris!!As a guy who has had difficulty ascribing to "One Day at A Time" theory I can say that staying in that moment,with a good dose of prayer & meditation,will allow the 24 hour miracle to happen
    I so enjoyed my visit last month & the activities that accompanied it.I now follow the "box scores" of the Giants & "Buster" faithfully & read a book that dear sister Janet gave me for my birthday called "Calico Joe"...an unusual twist for John Grisham but pertained to the 1973 season which was a close race between no fewer than 6 teams in the National League East...alas the Mets prevailed but lost to the (then) mighty A's in the World Series
    Big hugs to the Van Bebber family
    Bill

    ReplyDelete