Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Longest Day

Looking north from the roof
Happy summer solstice or winter solstice for friends in the Southern Hemisphere.  We're basking in clear San Francisco skies (a bit unusual for the season) for the longest day of sunlight for the year.  I'm afraid the day does feel acutely long since I've been up before first light and I doubt I will close my eyes until well after night has fallen.  I am feeling quite preoccupied.  Tomorrow morning we will meet with the surgeon and discuss the most prudent and promising ways to slice portions out of my brain for removal.  I'm not sure if I'm going to get just a detailing (biopsy) or a major remodel (debulking) but either way, we're both anxious and looking forward to meeting with the surgeon tomorrow so that we can finally have some of these questions answered.
I feel I'm back to where I was in October of 2010 except now I actually know a lot more about what I'm facing.  It is tough not let my mind be overrun.  I try not to suppress worries, fears, or concerns.  Yet at the same time, I don't allow them to take root.  Steph and I are talking about it all, what it may mean, what sort decisions we need to make and why - we're talking about things that we may never have to face so that we don't feel overwhelmed by any of it.  This isn't perfect but it helps.  Today is still a very long day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Today, a friend pointed out an eyelash that had fallen on my cheek. I made a very big wish. You're always in my thoughts and prayers, and I'll double that tomorrow and in the coming days. Hang in there. Hugs and love to you, Steph and Walt.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete