Friday, January 4, 2013

Puppies and Rainbows

It's been over two months since my last post which caused some friends and colleagues concern.  Sorry about that.  My body and spirit are slowly recovering from the combo of surgery, radiation, and chemo.  I am still improving - honestly, I'm feeling better right now than at any time post-diagnosis.
Since I've had a few false starts, I am reluctant to make too much of how I'm feeling which is why I have posted little. I have tried to concentrate my energy toward continuing to heal but experiencing steady improvement - more energy and better concentration,  is exciting.  My December scan was stable and I'm continuing with monthly chemotherapy.  
At this point, the thing that is challenging is to fully live through the improvement while simultaneously keeping expectations in check. Though it has been a long process to come to terms with, accepting that I will still have a grade III no matter how successful the treatment I receive is part of this healing.  I can still live a long and productive life in spite of this but please don't mention the word "cured" to me.  I am healing and that is enough.  Thank you for all the kinds thoughts, the three of us have appreciated all of your messages.

2 comments:

  1. Great to know the healing continues. Thank you for this blog. It's very meaningful for those of us on the outside to walk this journey with you and see the experience through your eyes. I spent some time this morning traveling back to earlier posts - it really is a journey, and an honestly and beautifully articulated one. Thank you. If the world needs another "cancer story" book, this is it.

    I see you're reading The Art of Fielding. Happy to know you're following the London Ladies' Literary League reading list!

    Best to Steph and Walt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris for your post. I agree with Deb in that allowing us to share your journey has been meaningful experience. Your honesty with the highs and lows of this ongoing challenge is very much appreciated. Vicky

    ReplyDelete