Monday, October 10, 2011

Swimming in Molasses

While I have written about this in the past, I am back to the same place so here we go again...I am tapering down to a lower dose of the steroid Decadron (wasn't he a Transformer?).  I am very, very happy to be doing this and I can't wait (actually, I can wait.  I will taper very slowly so my endocrine system doesn't go completely haywire) but it is leaving me feeling like I'm waking-up from a ten-year nap.  I'm sluggish, fuzzy, and living in slow motion.  It will pass but right now it makes getting through the day a challenge.
We have the added complication that the last two times that I have tapered completely off Decadron, I ended up in the hospital.  I have gradually come to the viewpoint that this was a coincidence (the doctors don't know) but Steph is feeling a bit more apprehensive perhaps because she got to watch close up how lousy I felt (in Canberra, she had to carry me to the car with about 10% assistance from me).
We had a garage sale on Saturday (thanks Kathleen!) to shed our belongings which just don't go with a two-bedroom apartment.  We are feeling close to settled though the feeling remains that this mythical land of settled and normal remains  just over the horizon.  One more week of this and we will surely be there....   

No comments:

Post a Comment