Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spring


Forget Groundhog day, it has already felt like spring in San Francisco for about a month.  While the "best" (warmest in this context) weather in the City comes in the fall, I can't help but get swept up in the glories of the false spring even if it is destined to come to ruin in a few weeks in the form of premature dropped blossoms and second base marooned in a gigantic puddle.

It has always been my favorite time of year - a new baseball season, the world in bloom, oddly stiff Easter clothes, the golden hills turning to emerald for a brief six-weeks - I say it can't come soon enough.

5 comments:

  1. I was going to send you a picture of the 6 foot high snow drifts in my yard, but then I remembered that you lived in Siberia for a time.

    You know from snow so enjoy this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I just want to say I am here, for whatever it is worth. I think you know that my husband, Dino, was diagnosed with a blood cancer five years ago, and has undergone all sorts of horrific treatments, including large amounts of dacadron. During his "dex" time, I thought that perhaps if the cancer did not kill him I might, and I sympathize with you and Steph. Now that he only takes dex five times a month, we are happily married once more. :)

    If I can be of any support in any way to you or Steph (maybe she wants to discuss raising little ones in such a situation?), please let me know. 707-479-3580; hgarossi@gmail.com

    Heather (Ostling) Rossi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same spring weather here in Slovenia. It has made me crazy. I cleaned a closet! I put on cotton instead of wool! I began planning a garden! The Slovenes are marvelously fatalistic in such moments and say things like, Oh, we always get snow in March or April, and the crocuses freeze, and the roads are dangerous. But to hell with them--it is wonderful to see the sun, and put washing outside to dry. Lovely to know that northern Cal is providing the same thrills. hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of Easter, are you able to say what you'll be doing around then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday in San Francisco was spectacular!! When we parked by the Cliff House at 7 AM, it was 67 degrees with a little whisper of breeze. Everything looked clean and crystal clear. Hope you were feeling well and able to enjoy being outside!

    ReplyDelete