Monday, March 16, 2015

Press Again To Reset


I just had a moment of realization - I use a lot of ellipses in my posts.  It is either very sloppy and lazy (probable) or their use is my attempt to signify that these thoughts and observations are just points along a continuum that never stops.  Conclusions?  Very rarely.  The way that my mind is working now, fleeting insights however brief, continue to flow even if I can't hold them as long as before.
This was taken in the backyard of our first house in Petaluma with me sitting on my dad.  We moved to Santa Rosa by the end of 1st grade but all my earliest memories start here - climbing the tree behind me, walking with my sister to the South City Market to buy one cent bubble gum, and still being close enough to the Bay to have the fog roll in in the evening.  Just the act of remembering keeps me grounded and mostly sane.  It is a brain exercise that bucks me up and keeps me going.
I am feeling and functioning so well that my Neuro-oncologist has seen fit to change my check-in exams at Johns Hopkins from every six-weeks, which feels like the schedule that I've been on forever, to every three-months.  Another small milestone that I am very pleased to reach.  It feels like a re-set after a long haul.
As a celebration/test of reaching this point, I am going to run in The Race For Hope.  This race supports some truly exciting research happening for brain cancer, a disease with still too few breakthroughs and where for the most aggressive forms even a few months increase in survival is major progress.  


Anything at all is greatly appreciated.  I thanks again for all of the great support.

2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring post, thanks for sharing. Every patience should a courage to bear the pain like you dear. One of the well-known brain cancer treatment center is BGS in Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of Rose's. Your blog has helped me a lot. I send you the best prayers and mojo possible.

    ReplyDelete