Sunday, May 15, 2011

7 months



Chris just returned from San Francisco. A crazy, short dash to get his MRI done and the next two rounds of Temodar in hand.  Despite a lot of trepidation going into the trip, the news was once again a great relief: stable disease to possible response.  After two sessions at the Osher Center and a great visit to Dr. Chang we were fully satisfied that all the subtle symptoms that seemed to be creeping into our lives were the result of too little rest, many different medications and jumping back into full time work again for the first time in 6 months.
 Chris' "Comrade", a father of two young girls, accompanied Chris to the appointments and told me frankly, "Damn Steph, Chris is great. In fact, he was relieved to be around someone more scattered than he!"  Thanks for that dear friend.  And thanks to the rest of our supporters out there for 7 months and more to come.


SVB

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear everything's behaving! I'll remember your check-up next time I grumble about driving twenty minutes to see a doctor. By the way, my Easter SF trip was cancelled due to the St. Louis airport getting hit by a tornado a few hours before my flight(?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news. And I'm also relieved to read about this, as I have to admit that I feel the anxiety, vicariously, when Chris has to go through this. I agree, Chris is teaching the rest of us how not to be wimps when we go in for routine mammograms and colonoscopies. Make time for sufficient rest Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the update -- for thinking of us when you've got so much on your own plate. By the way, the steroid face does go away... eventually.

    ReplyDelete